You can also boost your concentration and memory by doing some simple exercises. Try doing them at home or at work and watch how your concentration levels go up.
1. For this exercise, you need to sit on a chair with your back straight and shoulders relaxed. Then close your eyes and focus on your breathing. When it slows down you will be able to feel yourself relaxing. Now you need to think of an object (it can be anything) and try to concentrate on it. Try to describe it as best as possible, view it from different angles and discover its characteristics. Then let the object go and focus on your body, stretch and open your eyes.
2. This exercise will help you improve your concentration at work. You should choose a task that you find difficult. First, you have to set a time frame for completing this task. This will make you work more efficiently. Second, you should make a list of all things that distract you and find a way of excluding them. Then, sort out the tasks you still have to do and set yourself the goal of completing one task a day. That way your mind won’t be cluttered with unnecessary thoughts.
In some situations, you may need a vitamin and mineral supplement but note that these are not a substitute to a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Both are essential if you want to boost your focus. Below you can find more tips that can help you improve your concentration.
- Brain training: did you know that playing certain types of games can help you get better at concentrating? You can try playing sudoku, chess, memory and word games as well as crosswords or jigsaw puzzles. All of these activities not only improve concentration over time, but can also help you develop your working and short-term memory as well as problem-solving skills.
- Getting quality sleep: Insufficient amounts of sleep impede your concentration. While it’s OK to not get enough sleep from time to time, constant sleep deprivation will leave you unable to focus and negatively affect your mood and overall performance. To improve your sleep, you can try turning off any screens about an hour before bedtime, keeping your bedroom cool, relaxing with a good book or a warm bath and exercising regularly. It’s also advisable to try to go to sleep and get up at around the same time every day to maintain a regular schedule.
- Spending time in nature. There’s a reason why having plants in your workspace helps increase concentration: your brain has a tendency to relax in a natural environment. That’s why it’s good to try and find time for a short walk in a park, bush, or along the coast every day. Even sitting in your backyard or garden can help you wind down, so try to reserve 15 to 20 minutes in your daily schedule just to be in nature.
There are many ways you can enhance your memory and improve your concentration so give one of the above ideas a go.
Along with these ideas, Berocca can also help boost your concentration and memory as it supports energy for mind and body.